Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ministry Opportunities at McNamara Elementary

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know about a ministry opportunity we have at McNamara Elementary. October 27-November 1 is the school’s 50th anniversary. That week, they would love to have 10 people (2 each day, Monday through Friday) to come read to classes between 9 and 9:30 AM. If you are interested and available, please email me or call me and let me know. Also please let me know the day(s) of the week that would be available to read. Remember, this is not a long-term commitment, just a one-time opportunity to share some love with elementary school kids through reading a book to them.

We have a second opportunity as well: McNamara needs 20 volunteers to work their Fall Fun Fair, an annual fundraiser, that Saturday November 1. This event lasts from 10 AM to 3 PM. There will be refreshments available for the volunteers. Again, please let me know if you are available to help.

Mr. Porter Renfro sent me this request, and he needs to know by Friday how many of us he can count on. I am confident that we here at Westbury can provide all 30 volunteers for these two events. But I need for you to let me know. Whether you can or can’t help in this case, please continue to pray for our school adoption program, and for our church as strive to become An Open Door to New Life through:

Knowing God (worship)
Community (Bible study)
And transforming our world (Ministry outside the walls).

No comments: