Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Moving blues

Sorry I didn't blog last week. I have a commitment to you to put at least one thing on here a week, including a preview of the week's sermon so that you can pray in advance and comment afterward. My excuse is that we moved on March 1, so last week was consumed with unpacking boxes and all the other fun, fun, fun stuff of moving. In almost sixteen years of marriage, Carrie and I have moved WAY too many times. I have already told her that I intend for my next move to be to either the nursing home or the funeral home...either way, somebody else is moving me. Sunday morning, Jerry Cook asked me, "Is there anything worse than moving?" Good question. Aside from the obvious, totally unhumorous things like the death of a loved one, here are some events I have experienced that were worse than moving:

1. An IRS audit.
2. A stomach virus.
3. Oral surgery.
4. College Algebra.
5. College Physics.
6. A bladder infection.
7. Stuck in a small room with a salesman working on commission (with apologies to all you salespeople).
8. Watching the movie "Beaches" (with apologies to all you Bette Midler fans).
9. Accidentally smashing my cell phone/PDA in the car door the day I moved.
10. My favorite football team losing its coach to Baylor...grrrr.

Any others to add to the list?

No comments: