Keys to reading through the Bible:
1. Set a specific time for reading: When you first get up, at lunch time, in the evening, or whenever your mind is most focused and alert. Give yourself 15 dedicated minutes
2. Set a specific place that where you can be alone.
3. Before you start, pray for God to reveal Himself to you through His Word. That’s what the Holy Spirit does!
4. When you have questions, write them down. Set a time to discuss them with a trusted Christian friend. When you learn something new, write it down. If God speaks and reveals some way He wants you to change, make that your mission until you have accomplished it.
5. If you get a few days behind, catch up slowly by reading an extra chapter a day. If you get a week or more behind, DON’T QUIT! Just start fresh on that day’s passage. Better to miss a week’s reading than to get discouraged and quit reading altogether.Keep this up for the first month. That’s how long it takes to make a habit.