Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas season. I look forward to seeing most of you in one of our two Christmas Eve services (5:30 and 7:00). I won't be with you next Sunday, but Randy will do a great job in my place.

When we see each other post-Christmas, we'll be starting Reaching for the Prize (see the previous blog posting for more info). I'm already praying that this campaign will draw us closer to God that ever before.

So until then, let me leave you with this thought about the birth, life and death of Jesus, from Eugene Peterson:

"Though there were auspicious signs that preceded and accompanied his birth, preparing the world for the majestic and kingly, the birth of Jesus itself was of the humblest peasant parentage, in an unimportant town, and in the roughest of buildings. He made a career of rejecting marks of status or privilege: He loved lepers, washed the feet of his disciples, befriended little children, encouraged women to join his entourage, and, finally, submitted to crucifixion by a foreign power."

Merry Christmas!

No comments: